CEOs of several major radio concerns will be taking part in a discussion sponsored by the Southern California Broadcasters Association on the subject of Audio Anchored Advertising. The event will take place on the morning of January 31, 2008, at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, and will be moderated by a media planning executive for Deutsch LA.
Radio World gives us the roll call of attendees:
Anytime you get John Hogan, Alfred Liggins, Dan Mason, Jeff Smulyan, Gary Stone and Farid Suleman in a room talking about our business, you’re likely to get a good snapshot of where the industry is headed. When it’s also a Webcast, lots of people can listen in.
For those not familiar with these leading lights of broadcast radio, here’s a cheat sheet:
- John Hogan is CEO of Clear Channel Radio
- Alfred Liggins is President and CEO of Radio One
- Dan Mason is President and CEO of CBS Radio
- Jeff Smulyan is CEO of Emmis Communications Corp.
- Gary Stone is President and CEO of Univision Radio
- Farid Suleman is Chairman and CEO of Citadel Broadcasting
The link for the webcast will be posted at the Southern California Broadcasters Association website. The discussion (“Take it From the Top — Six CEOs Discuss the Status & Future of Audio-Anchored Advertising.”) will center on what efforts are being made by traditional media to provide new media-based opportunities to both their clients and their advertisers.
photo courtesy of LuMaxArt, used under this Creative Commons license